Wednesday, January 27, 2010

robbie vs deadlines

Well it sure is crunch time now!
Just under three days until the performance and I'm frantically trying to finish writing my pieces plus learn a half dozen of them to perform. I decided to scrape the idea that I presented in class yesterday, however I'm keeping the idea of having the melody in the left hand/lower register. I'm going to use this idea for my first piece of the three, which will be quite short in length and lead tonally in to the piece I performed last week.
My third piece is based around a motive that I wrote last week some time. It begins in the same key that my second piece eludes to, then the piece changes colour in the middle and I've toyed with motive coming back in the major to finish it off.
I'm hoping to get all three pieces finished by tomorrow night because I think they would be more effective to be played together in the concert. If not I'm not sure which two would sound the best without the third. Then, of course, I have to figure out a name for them. I'm considering calling the pieces 'serenade of the blueberry fritter' in dedication to my friend at work that told me she would buy me a doughnut if I named a piece after her. That's all I've got really!

Man vs Wild then bed!
mmmmmm eating bugs
-Robbie

No comments:

Post a Comment